Navigation Structure

akurtula

Hi

I am creating a website which has pages of all the services the company provides, and then a shoping section which would have its own navigation.

at the moment I have structured a left colum navigation, but I found that their is not a lot of consistancy on the navigation from one page to another.

so I thought of having a horizontal navigation at the top linking to the main page ( home | aboutus | contact ... )

my question is, would it be ok, or a good practice if few of the links from the main (horisontal) navigation are repeated in the second navigation (as for some pages I may not need a secondary navigation but it way look good for constancy to have a second navigation) so is it ok is one of the secontary navigations had links to the about us and contact page (for example)

thanks for for help

You mean that for those pages, where there is no need for a secondary navigation on the side, you would just repeat your main, horizontal navigation in the side-column?

I'd find it confusing and redundant, but I think this is one of those things where you'll only get subjective replies.

if this question was asked by someone else, I would think the same "confusing and redundant";

How about having the side-column black, because what I think would brake the design would be if some pages are with a content area of 550px and the others hare the full 960px for content.