I need a music player that plays from a database

loganalexa

Okay, here's what I'm doing: I am making a website where the customers need to be able to upload their music to the website and have it play in a player on their specific page, similar to Myspace. I want a player that doesn't take them to another site, I just want them to be able to upload the song or songs and it will play on their page. So all of it will be coming from a database on the site itself, I assume.

Now, I am a designer, not a coder. I know html and basic CSS but I don't know PHP or any of those coding languages. Does anybody know of a program or a site or a player that can be embedded on the page and plays music from a specific folder within that site? This will be a highly database driven site (for which I am not creating the database, I'm just making the design and putting it in HTML). Please help me! This needs to be done very very soon!!

Much appreciated!

PS

This will be a secure site, obviously. The customers will have paid memberships, so the music will need to be under their specific member name. Not sure if that matters, but thought I should mention that.

It seems to me that the best way to approach this would be to use PHP to upload a file to a specific secure location on your server (probably in a location that a visitor can't access) and store the link to the music file in the database. Rather than storing the file in the database itself, you can use just about any music player script and provide it the URL of the file to play. Just about any music player should work as long as you provide it the correct URL to the file.