SEO and weird web layout

oggyswain

hi All,

I wanted to know if this layout would hurt a sites chances of being read by SEO spider. It looks funny to me but maybe it's just because I have never seen a site done this way before.

I will give you the link to it here.

http://www.resourcemail.ca/index.htm

I don't understand why the website designer coded all the lines seprately.

Any ideas?

Should I change it?

He coded all the lines seperately so it's clearer to read, but for the search index spiders it looks like one continous line anyway.

And if you are wondering why the css is all in each element and not in a seperate css file.. well most likely he used a WYSIWG editor remember getting such lines from frontpage or xara applications.

So there is no problem with the Search engines finding this copy and understanding it, correct?

They look at the content and pretty much ignore the markup for the most part..

Anyway create a google webmaster tools account, add it to your site then you can better see and analyze how for example google is seeing your pages any errors and other goodies that are awesome to see in order to better get your site up there.

Also you can upload your sitemaps to it, that way you can somewhat decide what is cached by google and create a sitemap script on the site that pings google eachtime a update or change to the content has happened, which updates the sitemap it currently holds. A way to speed up the updates.