Beginner - fitting hover/popup boxes in browser window

hankuri

Hello,

I'm trying to fix a problem for a colleague -- was able to deal with the html/css but the js "tooltips" do not always fit in the window. I can't find a way to set a reference point for the box, but hauto, vauto, and vcenter seem logical to me - -though I can't figure out how/where to add them. The existing code seems overly complex (setting if/elses for x and y in a variety of circumstances) and it doesn't solve the problem. If it's allowable, I could post a link here to show the problem. (I'll try the link insert button?!)

This shows the problem.

Thanks,

Hankuri

Have you looked at the rollover.js file? There are some varible setting near the top of the page.

Thanks for replying, newseed.

I have, but they mean nothing to me:

var cX = 0; var cY = 0; var rX = 0; var rY = 0;

Do these hace anything to do with the box reference point? Dos that even exist in js?

Thanks,

Hankuri

Thanks for replying, newseed.

I have, but they mean nothing to me:

var cX = 0; var cY = 0; var rX = 0; var rY = 0;

Do these hace anything to do with the box reference point? Dos that even exist in js?

Thanks,

Hankuri

Start with cY and change the value to something like 50 and then view the results. The Y represent vertical positioning and the X equals horizontal.

All those values of 0 can be adjusted.

Start with cY and change the value to something like 50 and then view the results. The Y represent vertical positioning and the X equals horizontal.

All those values of 0 can be adjusted.

It doesn't seem to be doing anything. I tried changing all of them, even exaggerating them -- changed cY to 300 -- and don't see any real difference. The top left corner of the box follows the bottom right corner of the hand/cursor, so if the hover/link is toward the bottom of the page, the box can be cut off.