Using css on multiple pages

morty

I'm a beginner at this and am just working at putting up my own pages.

Working from Stefan Mischook's instructions I created a very nice index (home) page using the <limk href=root.css rel="stylesheet" type="text.css"> command and <div id="xxxx"> tags to separate various parts of the page. This was done

several simple lines in the root.css file. When I apply exactly the same method to other text pages that are linked to the home page, css commands added to the root.css file have no effect. Would appreciate help or being aimed at instructions that would identify my problem.

Are the other html pages in the same folder as the home page? If not, then you will need to change the css link to the correct path for the pages that are in the different folder(s).

The path below tells it to find the root.css file one folder back or up one level as some people call it.

<link href=../root.css rel="stylesheet" type="text.css">

Are the other html pages in the same folder as the home page? If not, then you will need to change the css link to the correct path for the pages that are in the different folder(s).

The path below tells it to find the root.css file one folder back or up one level as some people call it.

<link href=../root.css rel="stylesheet" type="text.css">