Hover Message

Guest kyr0x

Hi, i'm new =)

Howdy! I'm sure y'all have gotten this before, and i haven't had any luck finding an answer, so i appreciate the help.

I'm not getting the hover message on my mac. Tried on safari, google chrome, and firefox.

here it is..

Back to Home

My roomy has the exact same code and is getting a hover message. Your help and patience is much appreciated. :D

Do you mean when you point your mouse at it, you are not seeing the alt text? I believe I've only seen alt text while in Internet Explorer. If you want to see "Back to Home" in Firefox and maybe the others, add it as a title to the link. So...

Back to Home

To add to what Susie said: The alt tag is intended as alternative to the image - so if for some reason the image is missing or cannot be seen, the alt tag is supposed to tell you what's in the image.

So for example - if your image is purely structural and supplies absolutely nothing to the content - the alt tag still needs to be added to the code, but can be left empty:

If the image, however, adds to the content, then the alt tag is used to describe the image:

Something like that.....