Shopping cart function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream

juandamz

hello, im Juan Mora, i bought your "Shopping Cart" video tutorial yesterday, i followed each step and it work perfectly.

i never did some of the last steps because this web page, is for a competition at my school, and it doesn't have to work all the way, by the way this is the first time i work with php.

so when i finally got what i wanted for my web page, i went ahead and uploaded on my host "lithium hosting", first the index.php file couldnt find the functions.php, so what i had to do, was to put all the files in the same folder, and it work but now it just displays this:

Warning: file_get_contents(catalog.xml) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/home/jdportfo/public_html/alonso/functions.php on line 11

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'String could not be parsed as XML' in /home/jdportfo/public_html/alonso/functions.php:11 Stack trace: #0 /home/jdportfo/public_html/alonso/functions.php(11): SimpleXMLElement->__construct('') #1 /home/jdportfo/public_html/alonso/templates.php(36): get_xml_catalog() #2 /home/jdportfo/public_html/alonso/index.php(16): render_products_from_xml() #3 {main} thrown in/home/jdportfo/public_html/alonso/functions.php on line 11

the project its for tomorrow and i would appreciated if you guys can help me

here's the web page "http://alonso.jdportfolio.com"

Warning: file_get_contents(catalog.xml) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/home/jdportfo/public_html/alonso/functions.php on line 11

The error message is hinting at what you need to do; PHP can't find the file:

'No such file or directory ...'

So take a look at where PHP thinks the file should be, and put the file PHP is looking for there. Does that make sense?

Stefan

it does make sense, and that's what i tried at first but it didnt work...

here's what i did

first i put all the files in the same folder and them this

functions.php

define('STORE_XML' , 'Catalog.xml');

/** FUNCTIONS */

function get_xml_catalog()
{
return  new SimpleXMLElement(file_get_contents('catalog.xml'));
}

OHH i got it , the Catalog.xml on the first line is capitalize and the catalog.xml on the "return" line is not

define('STORE_XML' , 'Catalog.xml');

/** FUNCTIONS */

function get_xml_catalog()
{
return  new SimpleXMLElement(file_get_contents('catalog.xml'));
}

i make them both capitalize and it work