Sublime Text 3

mgreer58

I went to the Sublime Text webpage today, and downloaded the current version of Sublime Text, Sublime Text 3.

It doesn't auto-complete anything for me, and, I don't see an option to open my code in a browser.

Undoubtedly, it's a preference setting I'm missing, but, I've search there, and, unless it is an extremely complicated setting, I don't see it.

I tried saving my code as html, but, that doesn't seem to help.

I've been using Code Writer.  It auto-completes by opening a closing tag for me, but, it doesn't have an option to open my code in a browser window.

-Mike

13 hours ago, mgreer58 said:

It doesn't auto-complete anything for me, and, I don't see an option to open my code in a browser.

You have to save the document in language type you are coding in ... then the auto complete works. So if you are writing HTML, save it as an HTML page and CSS and HTML will auto complete. 

Hmmm.

As I wrote in my next to the last line, I saved it as an .html file, but, it didn't help.  I will try it again though.

No, I tried it again, just now.   It doesn't even give me the closing tag for <head> nor <title>.  I guess I'm gonna have to read some documentation.  In the meantime, I'll try Sublime Text 2, which I just finished downloading.

-Mike

Edited by mgreer58
New Information

• 1 year later...