trying to get gallery to stay in place with different size resolutions

Corinne

Ok.......I have been working on this for days and can not get it. I kinda got it in FF but not in IE.

What happens is that when I change my screen size the larger picture moves over to the left or right and does not stay centered above the thumbnails.

I down loaded this gallery from Stu Nichol and since I did not code it from start to finish I am having a hard time figuring out what I need to do to get this to stay put. I am also not very good with absolute positioning(it confuses me).

I am doing this site for my friends son and they are getting kinda anxious to get the gallery up and running and I just can't seem to figure this out.

My latest attempt I changed the #info and #thumb to a width of 450 hoping it would stay inside that width....it did work with FF but is not working with IE(the width was originally 630 I think.

htt p://nex xgenerationconst.co m/gallery3.php

Thank you in advance for any help you can give,

Corinne

Darn I was hoping it would be an easy fix.......this is the gallery they wanted with the scroll bar underneath.

I had originally used one of your designs Eric and then they seen this and want it. I just can not get it to work, I might have to talk with them and see if they will go with something else.

Thank you,

Corinne

I'll look at it again tonight. There has to be a way around it. I thought it would be a simple position relative on the container. But doing so, prevents the large image from breaking out of the container and showing.

Maybe another container around it all with position relative applied? And give the thumb left:0; Try that...

Edited by Eric

If you put position relative on the #rightcolumngallery and then position the gallery spans of that, that "seems" to be a quick fix. In firebug, for some reason, top/left values had no effect on the spans. Although margin did - uh? So add top/left:0; and margin:-240px 0 0 -160px; and test it in all.

It worked in firebug? When you apply position relative on that container, your telling anything that's position absolute, to base it's zero position off it. The spans are the tags holding the popup image. So the positioning (the margin values) need to be applied to that.

If that still doesn't work for, wrap the gallery in another container, give it a height and width, and apply position relative to it.