Website page size query

pauro

Hi there, noob here. Just started work on my first website.

www.jomcweeney.co.uk

It's looking decent but the problem seems to be with the size on different browsers. How do I make sure that the size will work well with all browsers and platforms? Page size in DW is 980x980. And background is black but can't seem to get it quite centred. Any ideas? Incidentally not too hot on codes... Cheers!

Put your entire content into a wrapper div, and in your CSS, set it at #wrapper {margin: 0 auto;} - that'll center it, and folks viewing with larger resolutions will just see more of the background on each side.

However, you have all kinds of coding problems, including the missing

I agree with Thelma about the load issue. Although it loads ok in IE (still a little slow), I had to refresh it in Firefox in order to get the background image to appear which is over 500kb. That's too heavy.

You are trying to get the visual layout by making the entire page with images. You really need to take some basic html/css tutorials to help you achieve the visual design that you are looking for while minimizing the use of images and create fasting loading time plus more SEO friendly.

Edited by newseed