View Blob From Mysql

grucker

Personally, I would approach this from a different angle. Rather than storing the image directly in the database, which is going to significantly increase your database size over time, I would suggest simply storing the image in a specific location (say, and "uploads" folder) and simply saving the path to the image in the database. I personally haven't ever used blobs for image storing -- this is the way I usually approach it.

That said, you might look here for help with the blob issue: http://www.phpro.org/tutorials/Storing-Images-in-MySQL-with-PHP.html. I believe you can ignore the PDO portions -- as long as you can access the database and retrieve the data, exactly how you do that (MySQL, MySQLi, PDO, etc.) doesn't specifically matter.

Personally, I would approach this from a different angle. Rather than storing the image directly in the database, which is going to significantly increase your database size over time, I would suggest simply storing the image in a specific location (say, and "uploads" folder) and simply saving the path to the image in the database. I personally haven't ever used blobs for image storing -- this is the way I usually approach it.

That said, you might look here for help with the blob issue: http://www.phpro.org/tutorials/Storing-Images-in-MySQL-with-PHP.html. I believe you can ignore the PDO portions -- as long as you can access the database and retrieve the data, exactly how you do that (MySQL, MySQLi, PDO, etc.) doesn't specifically matter.

Yes that is the way I normally do it. This time the site requires the owners to update league tables without ftp access and as I will delete obsolete images every month it will not be an overload problem. I will have a look at your link. I know it cannot be difficult. As I said I can get the garbled binary but I am lacking something in the header,(in more ways than one). Will keep looking