How to create a printable list for a restaurant

Guest Phia

I'm a designer with little PHP experience.

I have a client that wants their customers to be able to click on menu items and have it go to a printable list. (The customers will print and fax their orders in (and pay when they pick it up at the restaurant). There are approx. 300 items, so a simple checklist isn't an option.

The printable list should have the name and price of the item, subtotal, tax, and total.

I basically need half of an e-commerce site; but the e-commerce software I've seen doesn't allow you to disable the online payment option.

The lunch and dinner pages are completed. I just need to "add to order" buttons and the PHP to drive them.

It would be similar to a wish list. Googling wish list software and wish list tutorials didn't go anywhere helpful.

Does anyone know an efficient way to do this? I'd really appreciate some direction.

Thank you,

Sophia

Hi,

Basically you want a simple cart that tracks the users selections and then have that list of selected items printed to the page in a printable format. You can create the printable page easily with some simple CSS.

I am not one to plug my tutorials often, but our shopping cart tutorial will teach you how to do that.

I hope that helps,

Stefan