CSS layout

mcwilburtronix

hey there yall

so i'm almost finished creating the framework for my first css site. I'm having a major issue. i've been designing on IE but when i tested it on firefox, chrome and safari it didn't work at all. Basically someof the css is firing, other bits aren't. Its very frustrating. I submitted it to w3, some of the html i didn't fully understand was complaining but the css was mint. If you could help me it would be lovely aye, i'm quite interested in this but have absoleutely no idea what could be happening.

chur,

wilbur

the site's at http://wilburtesting.webs.com/

i've been designing on IE but when i tested it on firefox, chrome and safari it didn't work at all.

Here is what went went wrong in a first place.

Install web developer bar plugin in Firefox and rework your layout for Firefox first as it render correctly what you actually wrote in code.

IE renders pages according to its own rules which are mostly wrong. The big issue is that now we have IE6, IE7, IE8 in which your page could look not the same again.

So , write your page for Firefox and then add Conditional Comments ( if necessary) for IE.

When you code, try to write semantically correct HTML first.

Follow the links further on maxdesign presentation to get the example of good coding.

For example here on this page is an example on how to code the page from very beginning.

And again - always start off with rendering in Firefox and only after that adapt layout for IE with CC.

Cheers

Start with a doctype - ideally, the correct one

Get in the habit of writing all tags in lower case - you'll save yourself a lot of trouble down the road.

Don't write stuff like

- stick to

[