background-image strech problem

Lody

Hy,

I've got a ploblem with the size of my background image. I want is to fit the whole screen when somebody opens my page but somehow I can't get it to work.

I've got in mijn HTML page:

3s

rge

Edited by Lody

For starters, you're missing the opening body tag.

I am viewing at a resolution of 1280 x 1024, and I see the image repeating horizontally. For starters, set it to no-repeat, but if you get to it always adjust to 100% of any resolution, it'll be pretty distorted on some. It might be better to use it as the background of a set width/length division. Also you might want to consider that text over background images is often very hard to read.

It's probably the same to you because your resolution isn't any larger than the image width. I now only see it once. but there's a while background peeking out on the right side of it - approx. 110px wide.

Here's an example which stretches. Make your viewing window smaller and drag the window wider and narrower. The image will always be full width and the height will adjust accordingly.

It doesn't work in IE6.

http://www.wickham43.net/backgroundfullwidthflexible.html

Edit: it does work in IE6 except that the image scrolls with the page, whereas in modern browsers it's fixed to the top.

Edited by Wickham

Hi Wickham,

Than I n eed to add something like Daimler Dart to my HTML code and I woulke like to do all the background work in the CSS. Do you know an other solution?

No, because a background-image in the CSS stylesheet cannot stretch; you have to use a code with a normal image in the html markup to get it to stretch.