Gap showing under "divs" in IE

Susie

I've been looking at this since yesterday and I'm sure the error is a silly one, but I cannot locate it. Could I have a couple extra sets of eyes take a look and see if something jumps out at you?

http://tinyurl.com/oh9a3l

When you view in IE 6 and IE 7, the sidebar shows a small gap under each of those sidebar widgets. The pattern bg that shows at the bottom of the sidebar is what's showing in between the widgets. There should be no gap as seen in Fx, Opera, Safari, etc.

Basically, the background that you see showing at the bottom of the sidebar is covering the whole content area + sidebar. Then I put the white background on top for the content. In the sidebar (this is a Wordpress site), I have the sidebar widgets showing content. Each of the widgets has a white background with a 10px bottom border. I did it this way so that the sidebar is expandable and so that the 2 columns match in height.

So, think of those widget areas as a separate div. You have the about div, pages div, contact div, and so on. I have determined that the gap which is letting some of that background show through is happening at the bottom of each of these divs instead of the top. But I have no idea why it's happening.

Hope this makes sense. If not, let me know and I'll try to explain it more clearly.

BTW, the CSS for this section is:

#blog-sidebar ul li.widget {

width:273px;

background:#fff;

margin:0;

padding:0 0 2em 0;

border-bottom:10px solid #e2e3e4;

}

Any thoughts? TIA!

Edited by Susie

I can't test anything because it only shows the gap live - locally it does not show for some reason. I would try overflow hidden on the li, h2, or div. If that doesn't work, try floating the li, h2, or div.

I find, there is always 10 different ways to accomplish the same look. But usually, there's only 5 ways that everyone is happy with. Just keep trying different methods until you find what makes them all happy - that's what I do!

Okay, I think I got it. Thanks for giving it a try, Eric. I tried your suggestions, but they did not work. Then I decided to put a negative margin on the bottom of the container. I hate doing that unless absolutely necessary, but hey, it works. Let me know if you see otherwise? Thanks!