New Shopping Cart Conceptual Website Design

choopy86

Hey Guys,

I currently working on a new design for a concept shopping cart website. The concept is a Holy Land(a.k.a Israel or the Promised Land if you may ) goods and souvenirs; Like bags with jerusalem picture imprinted or scroll with blessing of the business etc. etc.

This site should appeal to Christian and Jews as one(but mostly Christian), so it needs to include flavors of both religions.

holyland_hp_03_no.jpg

This project is really important to me, so I'd really like if you could give me some design tips so it will help better the concept and the UI.

for a bigger image size: plz take a look at:

http://www.geocities.com/a_shvarz/holyland_hp_03_no.jpg

Thanks!!!

Edited by choopy86

One thing I don't like is the shopping cart in the upper right. Although I understand that you are catering to various currency, I would move it to the left column sandwich between the search box and the categories box. Preferrably this shopping cart will not be visible until someone adds an item to it or when they are logged in. If you decide to leave at the top, try adjusting the shopping basket to be much smaller.

I don't like the 'Add This' bookmarklet icon located at the top. I really think it should be moved over to the bottom of the left column.

I don't see any link I can click on to find out about the company or the website. About Us would be nice. You can then rewrite the home page intro to be a flash providing sales and specials info. You can find one similar to what I have done here.

I don't see a logo yet but I do hope that it does indeed matches the site's theme.

Overall, it looks nice but the key here is how it's going to appeal or attract visitors once the logo is added.

What shopping cart software are you using?

Edited by newseed

hey newseed, thanks for your reply, This feedback is a great assistance to me.

Could you elaborate more on the shopping cart? Can you give me an exmaple of an improved design of such icon? Or only resizing it will do?

I've been thinking of changing the icon a bit once an item is added, maybe fill the basket with red bolded dots, what do you think is that too kitsch?

An About Us Link will surely be added :)

You're site is really great, very inspiring.

The 'Add This' bookmarklet is very important for me. do you have any other suggestion than just shoving it down the footer, so it will get more attention, but won't destroy the overall clean design?

I'm using a home-made shopping cart system :) - but still considering couple of .NET alternatives

Thanks,

I'd like to get more feedbacks from you guys, if you will..

Could you elaborate more on the shopping cart? Can you give me an exmaple of an improved design of such icon? Or only resizing it will do?

I think resizing down will work.

I've been thinking of changing the icon a bit once an item is added, maybe fill the basket with red bolded dots, what do you think is that too kitsch?

Nah! There is no reason for it.

The 'Add This' bookmarklet is very important for me. do you have any other suggestion than just shoving it down the footer, so it will get more attention, but won't destroy the overall clean design?

I just think the icon is a bit much. Maybe move it to the top of the left column?

Keep in mind that my suggestions are just my opinions. What you have is pretty good. What looks good to one person may not apply to another.