online voucher page is printing 2pages

Guest Cashster09

Guest Cashster09

hi again,

www.webdrycleaners.com/onlinevoucher.html

IN IE it is all on one page and shows 1 page to print....Perfect....

Problem....How come the dotted line doesnt show up for printing?

I just checked it in IE 7.0 and its not showing up at all and still prints 2 pages... DAmn!!!!

IN FF 2.0 the content is all on one page but it prints 2 pages but the dotted line DOES show up?

any help...

I would like to print on one page and have the dotted line show up.

thanks in advance everyone

Edited by Cashster09

I've answered your question in this post. I think you are not grasping how css displays the content.

By default, the html of your page will display. CSS just makes it pretty. If you don't want something to appear then you simply turn it off like a light switch by adding 'display: none'. You can easily critique what you are doing by doing a Print Preview that way you don't have keep printing pages.

As I said in the other post, there is no sense in having a form printed nor the instructions. You just need the coupon image to print.

Guest Cashster09

yes thank you....but that coupon page is not the problem...

i need everything in the div main to print which it is doing on every page except this one

www.webdrycleaners.com/onlinevoucher.html

i've even added the display block tag and not only is nothing showing up in the print preview in IE 7.0 (which i do, i dont print), i actually printed just to see and nothing printed...

Edited by Cashster09

Here's what I do.

Make a copy of onlinevoucher.html and name it onlinevoucher-test.html.

Make a copy of styles.css and name it styles-test.css

In the onlinevoucher-test.html page, look for this:

Change the file path for the media css from /styles.css to styles-test.css and do the same thing for the second line that has print.css which now will be styles-test.css. (note: this is just to make it simple for testing purposes)

Test in browser to make sure the page is displaying correctly.

Now open your styles-test.css file and strip out all the properties (styles) but keep the selectors. Example of what it should look like after you strip them out:

body {

}

#wrap {

}

...and so on.

Preview in your browsers. You should see everything but without the styling.

Now add display: none; to all the css selectors that wish to hide such as the header, the right side column, the footer, etc. It should look like this:

#header-wrap {

display: none;

}

Keep doing this until you get the desired results. Preview in browser often.

Now once you have the text/images you wish to print, style it so that you get the desired visual look.

In some cases, you will need to turn on a parent selector in order to see the child selector.

Keep tweaking it to you get it right.

Refresh your browser and do a Print Preview. If you have done it right there will be no extra blank page.

Once you are satisfied, you can use this as your new print stylesheet.

Tip: Make sure all margins and paddings for divs/tables are set to zero and the width are set to 100%. The user's default print setting for the browser will already have margins set and that you will also want to use the full width of the print area.

Edited by newseed

Guest Cashster09

My main problem now is in IE 7 it doesnt even show the page when printing...Apparently, on some IE 7 browsers it's fine!

My client and thousands of others have ie 7 and it just prints a blank page

I havent done anything different and other pages on my site are viewable and printable in IE 7. I just cant get the voucher page to print and show the actual coupon voucher which the client needs...

Edited by Cashster09