print stylesheet

Guest Cashster09

Guest Cashster09

Hello,

I have set up a print.css file and it prints fine except that it starts printing the page almost half way down the first page.

I would like the page to start printing at the top of the page.

my url is

http://www.webdrycleaners.com/faqs.html

In the print preview you will be able to see what I am talking about.

thanks in advance

Cashster

Guest Cashster09

another question.

I now got it all on one page, but it still printing a second BLANK page....grrr

any help with this one?

I just checked in FF3.0 and it works great on one page but internet explorer 6.0 it prints out two pages and the second page being blank. IE 7.0 it works fine.

I hate all these different standards for browsers!!

Edited by Cashster09

another question.

I now got it all on one page, but it still printing a second BLANK page....grrr

any help with this one?

I just checked in FF3.0 and it works great on one page but internet explorer 6.0 it prints out two pages and the second page being blank. IE 7.0 it works fine.

I hate all these different standards for browsers!!

More than likely this is due to IE6's default print settings which you really don't have much control over when it comes to someone's browser's print settings.

I like to add that you can set a new class in the print.css file to give a page break where you desire.

Add this to the html where you think it should have a page break:

CSS: (add it to the print.css file only)

.page-break { display:block; page-break-before:always; }

If by chance that the page is is causing problems when viewing the web page itself, then you can just add this to your media css file:

.page-break { display:none; }

Edited by newseed

Guest Cashster09

ok thanks..

now i added media="screen" to my styles.css and now it prints on one page but its leaving out some of the bold for the questions.

do i need that in my styles.css?

IN other words,

my #main will have two diff styles....One in the print and one in the regular styles.....This wont affect anything will it?

Im so confused more now than i ever was...I took out the media="screen". It seems to print the way i want for the most part without it.

Edited by Cashster09

ok thanks..

now i added media="screen" to my styles.css and now it prints on one page but its leaving out some of the bold for the questions.

do i need that in my styles.css?

IN other words,

my #main will have two diff styles....One in the print and one in the regular styles.....This wont affect anything will it?

As long as you define which stylesheet is the media and the print versions then you can style them independently from each other.

Guest Cashster09

ok i added the media="screen" to my regular styles and then i just added bold to the print styles where i had the class QUESTION....

.question

{ font-weight: bold;}

that worked...although in FF its now on two pages...only one line is on the second page....i can live with that

thanks