CSS Dropdown Menu

pocklove

Hi,

I've put a CSS dropdown menu on my site (Similar to the one used by the Sheffield Rugs guy in another post in this section of the forum)

I've got it working fine but on some of the pages where I have embedded another page using

How can I make it so the drop down menu always shows above everything else?

Just do it like you got it on the pages that work.

Actually, that was sarcasm ---- what I mean to say it that we really have to see what you have in order to try and figure out what's wrong.

A page that does work

http://www.nydbbq.co.uk/pages/clubhouse/map.php

A page that doesn't

http://www.nydbbq.co.uk/pages/gallery/amber.php

If you hover over the 'teams' link in the menu bar then you'll see it disappears behind the frame in the second page.

The issue is is that the slideshow you have is in a iframe. There is really no reason for it. Just stick the slideshow into the html of that page and then it should display the menu fully.

Now you have few other issues that you might want to start looking into because it could cause propblems with other browsers thus the page will not render correctly.

1. You have multiples of head, title and body tags. You only need one set each.

2. You have a doctype but it's not located at the top of the code. It must be the first line of html code before . Note: you have two different doctypes. You only need one.

3. You have other lines of code that are duplicated which are not necessary. Example: You have two testCSS.css stylesheet links.

By cleaning up the mess it will allow us to better determine the problem(s) you might be having so that we can easily find a solution.

Thanks for the advice.

The reason for the multiple Head and Body sections is because I have used php include and I wasn't sure about the necessity of having the head section for each of the bits that I include. I will clean it up.

The reason why the slide show is in an iframe is becuase it is a slideshow that is created used simpleviewer and Picasa. It generates an index page for each slide show and I have just included that using iframe.

I will look at putting the html from the slideshow index page directly into the page rather than using iframe.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks.

Hi all,

thanks again for the advice, I'm going to get to cleaning my site up once it is functioning as it should.

Regarding the initial query I raised, I figured that the only difference between the pages that were working ok and the ones that weren't were the fact that the slideshows use SWFObject I looked up on that and have found the solution to be to add a line to the javascript.

fo.addParam("wmode", "transparent");

and that seems to do the job.

Cheers guys.