Getting my registratio email to work using wampserver2

beeky

Being new to PhP and wanting to get my site on line as soon as possible I used webassist.com "User Registration Solution Pack" which provides login and registration php pages and is supposed to email the reader on registration to activate the registration that has been submitted. The package seems fine and when I put test data in the users table it picks this up ok but I can't get the package to email me back so that I can activate the protected page. I have questioned this with webassist who say the I need to configure my computer to be an smtp server.

I am using localhost wampserver2.

I haven't got a clue how I can do this can anyone help please. Step by guide would be very helpful if anyone can show me where I could find one.

In most cases, I have found that people have trouble getting the mail() function set up properly on their local machine in order to send email. I'm about 99% sure that is the issue.

I haven't tried this, but you may want to look at these two pages in order to set this up correctly:

http://roshanbh.com.np/2007/12/sending-e-mail-from-localhost-in-php-in-windows-environment.html

http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.mail.php (look at the user contributed notes section)

However, I usually suggest that you don't worry about testing this specific feature from your local machine (if possible). Do your tests on a temporary location on your web host, and emails should send just fine (assuming that the mail() function is enabled, which most web hosts do).