OMG SOME ONE HELP

TJDesign

I have been on the phone back and forth between Dreamweaver Tech and 1and1.com Tech support trying to fix this issue, and I am hoping u guys can help me as soon as possible.

This is the issue:

I am creating a simple login and signup page for the first time. According to what I see in dreamweaver they are successfully connected to a PhpMyadmin database that I created. There is only 1 table in the database that contains

-First Name

-Last Name

-Email Address

-Password

Thats It. Seems like a pretty straightforward issue, nope. For starters check out this page to see my first big problem, this only happens if you use Firefox even though there are no browser compatiblity issues.

http://www.polarisipm.com/members.php

Then if you press the Log In button it displays Bad Request, and if you go to "click here to register" and sign the SIMPLE form and press submit, it says "Incorrect Table".... There is only 1 table..... and I can see it in dreamweaver, even though it has not data in it. its got the fields but nothing filled in them.

PLEASE HELPP.

It looks like you have both ASP and PHP running in the same script. It isn't usually possible to do this without a lot of difficulty.

Is your server Windows or Linux based? If it's Linux, you won't be able to use ASP. If it's windows based, you might be able to use either php or asp, but probably not both.

Also, the code you're seeing in Firefox is being sent to the other browsers - view the source to see. Opera is also displaying the code.

I would suggest that you need to look over the basics again - try Tizag or Killer PHP to start with, if you decide to go PHP.

Ok, Got the Log IN script to work. What I did wrong was that I didn't select the log in button when I created the server behavoirs, instead I placed my cursur right after the table, so the code was not truely applied to anything.

But, now the signup page is still display "incorrect table name". I used the "Insert Record" server behavior, and made sure I had the submit button selected properly. There is only 1 table in the database, so I know I selected the right one.

Ugh...

It looks like Dreamweaver is performing some black magic behind the scenes. This thread should really be in the Dreamweaver section of the forum, by the looks of it.

(By the way, your database won't be PHP, it will likely be MySql. PHP is one programming language that can be used to connect to databases.)