Looping results in OOP

josephman1988

Hi guys,

I've been working with PHP for a while, and now moving onto OOP, which is proving to be annoyingly hard!

I know it might be 're-inventing the wheel', but I'm trying to understand how it all slots together and works, so please hold back a little ;].

The following function is supposed to get the arguments chucked through and run a query, which works fine, i also count the rows in it.

However, I want to print the results of the loop as you would normally but OOP in mind.

I can loop it and style it easily within the function, but because I may want this data again and again (in different formats across the site), i want to be able to print it out by calling in the class/function.

How would I do this?

Any tips? What am I doig wrong and/or misunderstanding?

Code is as follows:

public $numOfQuery;   
public function select($table, $rows = "*", $where = null, $order = null)  {

$query = "SELECT " . $rows . " FROM " . $table . "";
	if ($where != null) {$query .= " WHERE " . $where . "";}
	if ($order != null) {$query .= " ORDER BY " . $order . "";}

$getQuery = @mysql_query($query);
	$this->numOfQuery = mysql_num_rows($getQuery);

}

Yer but I don't want to style them in the function itsel'f, is there a way to somehow get the results and pprint them outside the function? For example, I want to print a list of games for a navigation, then i want to print a list for whatever reason in a differnt style .. defining the style in the function will make the data look exactly the same won't it.