Objective C tutorials

deekay

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if you are going to come with some Objective C/Xcode tutorials. I know you guys are focussing on HTML5, and the tutorials are great and I am going to build some HTML5 sites at my internship. But I really want to build an iOS app. And considering the huge success of iPhones and iPads, I think there's a lot of interest in Objective C tutorials.

I already started, and for me it's a bit harder than building a site with HTML/CSS/PHP. They are really strict with MVC. Would love if you guys came out with some vids!

Regards,

deekay

Yeah I'm following those tutorials, the one of Paul Hegharty for creating iPhone apps. It's pretty good. Even though it's a beginners course of iOS, they do assume you have a good knowledge of OOP and at least a good understanding of at least one OOP language like Java or any of the C's.

Even though I made a simple calculator app in the first videos. I still don't really comprehend the Objective C language itself. A lot of it Xcode already does for you, especially with Interface Builder and the library is also pretty vast.

What I miss from those vids is a very clear, almost dummy proof, explanation of Objective C. And the buildup from basic vids to intermediate vids.

In short, how you guys are doing with the PHP vids, which was very clear to me and I already built some sites with PHP since then.

Even though it's a beginners course of iOS, they do assume you have a good knowledge of OOP and at least a good understanding of at least one OOP language like Java or any of the C's.

That's sorta standard, as far as I understand it. At least, that's the way it works at my college. I'm in the process of taking an iOS based mobile development class, and it's assumed that if you are in the class, you have already spent a year or two working with C/C++/Java and have a strong understanding of the basics of how C/C++ works and OOP. However, I agree that in a non-classroom setting, the instructor can't necessarily assume that whoever is watching the videos has the same level of skill.

One other option for you are these videos from the ThinkVitamin membership: http://membership.thinkvitamin.com/library/ios-development and I'm sure that Lynda.com also has tutorials on this topic.