Getting Set Up

Virtual-Instructor

Greetings All,

My name is Vince and this is my first post here. As such I have a very important question. How do you organize all this content? I bought the total web designers package and after two hours of downloading I have to say that I'm impressed with the amount of content. However that being said I am a little confused and hoping that someone can help me get organized. The "Start Here" txt document that I downloaded has a suggested order of play that I intend to follow to help reduce confusion. However after unpacking everything and organizing like titles into single folders I think that I may have missed something. In PHP Basics I have 3 folders. Basics 1, 2, & 3. In Basics 1 I only had two videos. Then in PHP basics 2 there is only one video and its "09_variables_part_2". Did I miss something? Where is variables part 1? I don't want to miss anything and would like to follow the program the way it was intended. I am considering placing all videos into a single folder and attempting to go through them in that order, but I have no frame work from which to base the order of viewing from. Can someone tell me if there is a master chronological order that exists out there somewhere? I am very eager to get started and am considering taking a few days off from work to study, but I want to make sure that I am getting all this right before I do, and to do that I need some kind of flow plan. Any help here would be useful.

BTW, I will be updating my profile today with my contact information including my Skype Data, so if you have information for me it will be very easy to find me.

Just to be clear, this is what you purchased, correct? http://killervideostore.com/video-courses/complete-web-designer.php

For the PHP basics videos, this is probably the order that I would suggest following: http://killerphp.com/tutorials/beginners-php/.

I do feel like you are missing something though -- either you didn't download all the files, or you have mis-organized things somehow.

Assuming you purchased the "Complete Web Designer" course, you should have downloaded 3 zip files with PHP content: "php-basics-1.zip", "php-basics-2.zip" and "php-misc-videos.zip".

The first zip should contain videos #1 through #8, the second should contain #9 through 16, and the misc videos should 11 videos which can be watched in any order.

Actually I did inadvertently miss organize them. I am now correcting the issue and getting things structured better. I doubt that I will have time tonight to really get started on watching the videos, but at least I have found the problem and am getting things in a better order. Thanks so much for the help.