Back again among the newbies

daddyalfie

Again I believe I have reacted to most, if not all of your suggestions. I have been struggling with incorporating a shadow along both sides of the "wrapper" div.

(BTW, the round corners stay by demand of the client.)

I made a leftShade.gif 15x4px and a right shade same dimensions.

I made two new divs

and
call

I styled them with {background: url(img/leftShade.gif) repeat-y;}, and float: left and float: right respectively.

The rascals only repeat down about 4 times!!! :( I can set height: 200px; and it goes down that amount, but that is hokey!)

HEP ME PLEASE! http://w ww.plainvanillagraphics.com/Kats/index.html (Remove space in w's)

Thanks again; Alfie

Usually when I do this, I don't have separate left and right divs -- I just make a wide image that includes both left and right shadows, and apply it to a wrapper div.

In your case, if you wanted to go this route, you'd need to create a shadow image that was 970px wide, and apply it as the background of your #wrapper div with a repeat-y. Seems much simpler than dealing with multiple unnecessary divs.

The current issue is that the shadow divs don't hold any content, so they don't stretch all the way down the page. If you did want to go the way you are currently doing, you'd need to modify both divs so that they wrapped around your content:

@Ben:

Just tried exactly that just before you suggested it! (Braincramps prevented that as an obvious solution before.)

I'll have to study your answer more as I still have to add {height: 400px;} in order to make somnablitz stretch down at all. Probably an

issue

Thanks a lot!

Alfie