How to become more productive in design and programming

akurtula

Hi

I heard that if you were at work (in work experience type) you could learn a great deal by looking how others work

for example from watching a video tutorial, the author said "and by the way you could start collecting code snippets" (he did not plan to say that as it was not important to the tutorial) - and that was the most important thing (and what I can remember from the tutorial), also there are lots of "habbits" that I gatherd from the first few videos of wordpress 3 series in lynda.com by Chris Coyler (for example)

As I am finding it very hard to find a job (after just leaving uni) I see that my productivity is very low and I don't like the fact that I don't seem to have a structure/organization. (hope so far I'm clear enough)

I asked this all over the place (on and off line) and the main answer was "start asking what you need to know". Though that is harder than it sounds, how could I ask "how you guy collect code snippets" when I didn't know that existed.

I do realize that this is a bit all over the place but if you could help me in some way, that be fantastic