I want to find a thorough listing of commands useable

jehnnii

Hi, I'm new, just started getting my feet wet on the whole web design thing, I'm trying to completely scrap the generic template that a friend of mine has for his *SMALL* moving company (with a budget small enough that the only comp. we have to work on is my little Thinkpad, which I had well before coming to help him out). Anyway, I'm trying to find a index of coding possibilities for use, also trying to find where I will be able to locate the info. necessary to write a rating program for use on a page of this site, however, I have no where near the skills needed yet, just want to be able to move forward as soon as I am comfortable and understand the basics.

With all the information out there, (mind you I only started believing I had any shot at really doing this after finding the how-to-build-websites site and actually grasping the concepts through reading through things on this forum), can I ask where can I reference for command codes or just order styles for exactly how I must input things after the minimalistic head, body, sub-head, etc..to make it function properly?

Also, what programs do I have to, have to, have to have to make the following work:

-I want to attach a company blog, update-able by the owner, myself, and his main driver.

-I want to make a functional calender, so as to show available times and dates (however, I want to know if there's a way to do it so that we may use it for an added reference, in addition to the paper calender and (nightmare) of docs I have to save just because I can't get something advanced enough to last awhile considered by this friend, for us, while not showing more than truck 1 booked this time-frame, truck 2 open, truck 3 open).

-I would like to do a photo gallery or slideshow page that is intended to showcase what equipment we use, and the men/women at work.

-I intend to dedicate a page to customer feedback, if possible password protect entries and provide customers with a password to input those entries, to prevent non-customers from leaving false/misleading comments.

-I also intend to *try to* code a rating program for live use on the website to give an estimated move cost for visitors who are interested in inquiring.

*Aside from those a few dozen content pages which just come down to making sure I learn the proper order to do them(I took notes but I want to get more in depth).

Any help, from those who currently know a lot more than me, is greatly appreciated.

*just a note- other than what low-cost or no-cost programs I must have to do this right, I'd much rather receive direction on where/what to look at to truly get this right than just be given an answer without knowing where to delve deeper. Thank you.