fullscren width...?

dianikol85

Hi to all! i have an issue with width.

i have a wrapper div and inside it to other divs. The first one is float:left, the second one float:right. I want the whole thing to be full width 100%. The issue is that when resize the browser window the second one fall upon the first one.

I want to accomplish something like wordpress backend which is full width no matter the user's resolution but when you resize the window the divs in it stay put.

What is the trick for this one??

Thanks!

I think you'll need to post the code and/or link you are working with so we can help you.

I uploaded the files here: http://www.easyjquery.gr/df

Try to resize the window or change your resolution to see what will happen. The lang is greek, don't bother...

By the way. Ben i saw some months ago in K.U. you did a two part video tutorial on how to do a horizontal menu but i can't find it now. Is it possible to send me the files somehow??

Thanks!

Edited by dianikol85

Actually, you are pretty close to having this. The only thing I would change is the min-width style on #main_content. It's currently at 700px, but I would make it about 900px (#left_content has a min-width of 730px (width + margins) and #sidebar has a min-width of 150px.) This way, you shouldn't have any issues with one column dropping below the other, and it will work for all resolutions 1024x768 or higher. Try that, and let me know if that isn't what you are looking for?

If you want to use a smaller min-width on #main_content, you'll need to adjust the min_widths on both #left_content and #sidebar so they fit within #main_content's min-width value.

That CSS Navigation tutorial is within CSS > CSS Basics. Downloadable project files are available just below the video links. Hope that helps!

The only thing I would change is the min-width style on #main_content. It's currently at 700px, but I would make it about 900px

Thank you Ben. That's works. I had the width of #left_content equal to the #main_content, that's why the sidebar dropped into the other column. I just set the min-width 900px as you said. Thanks again!!

That CSS Navigation tutorial is within CSS > CSS Basics. Downloadable project files are available just below the video links. Hope that helps!

I found the tutorial xD