CSS Issue on Hover

newseed

I am having a small but very import issue with a hover for IE.

ht tp://67.22.139.109/ (remove one space)

There is a shopping cart at the upper right of the page. You will see a red border outline just to show you the hover area. Move your mouse over to the left area (Your Bag) and you will see it works fine.

Now the issue, if you move your mouse over to any of the text (i.e. "0" and "items are inside") you will see the hover doesn't work causing it to flicker a bit when you move it around the whole red outline area.

I am baffled by this. I tried using z-index: -1 just to see if the text will fall behind the bag image but it didn't.

Any suggestions?

text-indent does nothing for my problem.

Again, the whole area that is outline in red should be set as hover so that a quick cart appears. However, if you move your mouse over the "0" and "items are inside" the hover does not work. The box outlined in red is positioned over on top of the text mentioned just previosly. So I am not sure what the cause in IE because it works fine in FF.

While I was troubleshooting this, I applied a background color to the red outlined box and the problem goes away.

I'm stumped.

After discovering that background color fixed my problem, I tried using background: transparent but it didn't work. So I tried using a transparent background image and that resolved my problem.

Still, it's a mystery as to why it wouldn't work as it should.