do php can help in my project?

opac

guyS i'm new here in thiS forum and alSO in web developing....

i do have a project which i think learning php will help me finiShed my project well.

Before i chooSe to uSe php i uSe to read about aSP...

But now i think php Will help me a lot(Just FiniShed wathing Those videoS)

And now.. I do have queStionS and PLeASe reply with me and it will help me for Sure..

My project is an online library management System...

And i think i have to Use php for ThiS proJect including CSS etc...

Well i thiS project conSist of A 'search engine' Just like OPAC and i Want it to do Using php and MySQL for the databASe? ei guyS need your OpinionS..

Any replieS will help me build thiS project...

TY

Sounds about right. If you want to do anything dynamic and access a database, PHP or another dynamic programming language is the way to go. I tend to prefer PHP over ASP or ASP.NET, but it is personal preference for the most part. A lot of people use PHP and you should be able to get the help you need.

I should mention... the "job website from scratch" video tutorial series over at phpvideotutorials.com (under the "paid videos" section) covers writing a basic PHP search engine which searches a database and returns the results. May be one option for you that will help you get started if you don't know much about PHP yet.

...I should clarify, the above comment isn't intended as spam -- I have just watched other videos from that site and have found them extremely useful.