MySQL software

williamrouse

I'm having a problem making a connection and I need some help in resolving a few issues as I work my way through this. Here is where I am at the moment and would like to move on.

3 questions

1) When I run PuTTY and log into my account I receive the error “Server refused our key” Is this an indication that the public, private key are not a match? I can still log onto the remote server.

2) On the Session manger dialog selecting the Settings tab, under Network type: I choose SSH tunnel. Are the credentials on this page for the database?

3) On the SSH tunnel tab are these credentials the same that I use to log into my remote server.

Thanks for your assistance.

WBR

When I created this post, there was an option to be notified via email when someone responds. This is great since I can see what suggestions someone made. But after the initial response to the note, or post, I am not getting email notifications and that "Option" is no longer available. Hope that makes sense. Any way I am back from work and I will take a look at the links that were suggested. I appreciate your help.

WBR

The error note helped me to resolved error 1 on PuTTY. The first tutorial I read on configuring the public and private files incomplete. I had the public key file in the wrong place. I found a second tutorial that filled in some of the missing parts. Here is the link:

http://www.howtoforge.com/ssh_key_based_logins_putty

Now to see if I can get HeidiSQL to work with/for me.

When I created this post, there was an option to be notified via email when someone responds. This is great since I can see what suggestions someone made. But after the initial response to the note, or post, I am not getting email notifications and that "Option" is no longer available.

I'm not quite sure how you are getting notifications... The way that I would do it would be to scroll to the top of this topic and click the "watch topic" button. You'll then get a page allowing you to choose how you want to receive updates, and that should apply to any replies on the topic -- not just the first post.