Webhost and Developer

Guest seaecho

Guest seaecho

Hello

I just wanted to toss a subject out to the floor or on the table to be chewed on here at killer app . com

As i worked my way into the MySQL manual i saw that there are several important options at the server level that are , could be controlled by the host admin at a hosted web site.

With that in mind.

What would be the experience of many seasoned developers who use a host and do not have full control over the server options for indexing.

What i barely remember at this time is the indexing schema that i was working on.

At this time i have gone backwards in the learning of web development from MySQL PHP back further to C, the origin, besides Pascal or Fortran.

Yes i am out here in the forest wondering around naked screaming.

I found my way here to killer apps by way of a g search. And this is a killer web site, compared to some visual hell pages.

I personally think a blog or expanded write on the subject of RDBMS server options that are not clarified as to Admin only, and of which make or break a solid indexing schema and other options that are not clarified in a manual that a neophyte would encounter.

Thank you