Javascript menu will not center

Phatsta

Hey everyone! I'm new to this forum, my name is Daniel and I've been a html beginner for ages. I started out over 10 years ago but it's never been my strong side so I never really advanced anywhere :) But I will do what I can to contribute in any way I can!

I have a problem with a site I'm trying to put together. You can clearly see the problem if you look at it here:

http://www.falloutdata.se/Hallafors/

You'll have to excuse the design, it's really only temp pictures and text so far, I haven't got very far with it yet.

As you can see the menu does not center. Also the background image at the top doesn't load at the top - unless you click the body - then it aligns where it's suppose to be, but that's something I haven't looked into yet.

The menu however, I've tried what I could find on Google, like putting the menu inside a DIV tag, making the menu an include file and of course the obvious like C tags and things like that. But no matter what I do the menu won't move, so I've ran out of things to try.

Any ideas? I'd be really grateful!

Actually, you menu does center (I'm viewing in FX) (checked IE8, and it's not centered, but I don't know why not) - but you do have several validation errors that should be fixed. For better coding, use an HTML 4.01 strict doctype, and use CSS for layout and formatting, and NOT tables (they are for data).

s are meant for line-breaks, and not to create space. Use margins and padding for that.

I suggest you look through http://www.csstutorial.net/