Text shows through drop down boxes

rowanberry

I have my drop down "boxes" set to red, no transparencies or anything fancy. I placed a text div on the page and it is showing through the drop down boxes. I have checked over all of my z-indexes - every item has a z index, with the drop downs being the highest numbers, so they should sit on top of everything and block out the text below.When I try to mouse over the drop downs, the drops disappear and I can't navigate to each item.

I found an old thread that describes this same problem, (http://www.killersites.com/mvnforum/mvnforum/viewthread_thread,6482) however, I have checked all my z-indexes and it is not helping.

Any help?

Thank you.

OK - I'm answering my own question for whoever else can't figure this out. I realized that I had nested div tags. I had a container div with a graphic. I had placed a menu div inside of that, as well as the page text div. I figured since the menu and text were on top of the container graphic, that was ok.

I took each item out, and listed them separately: container div with a z-index of 0, text div with a z-index of 5, and menu div with a z-index of 10. That solved the problem.

Hope this helps someone!