Hybrid Layout: Layout Issues

spk1973

Hi all,

Hoping someone can help me figure this out...I'm creating a hybrid layout (tables & css) and so far am very happy with the results.

The problem I'm having is with my sidebar/testimonial portion...I've got it just the way I want it on the home page, tucked up close to the top right of the content section. However, when editing the other pages to reflect this, working on "about", and "contact" pages. the testimonial keeps creeping down the right side of the page!! I've double-checked my code and don't see why this is happening, but perhaps I'm missing something.

Here is the link to the page:

http://www.analyticlandsurveys.com

and the css can be found here:

http://www/analyticlandsurveys.com/style.css

I have validated the html and css, which helped remove some errors, but nothing that affected the creeping quote.

Any help very much appreciated.

-Shawn

Okay, I've figured out the reason that the quote on the sidebar keeps creeping down:

Each of the pages I mentioned (home, about, contact) has increasingly larger amounts of content. The table is being stretched and the quote is centering itself within the cell.

Now the question is: How can I get the quote to remain aligned to the top of the cell, regardless of content in the other cells?

-Shawn

What a mess, you should only use tables for tabular data and CSS for layout and styling. As for validation, your html on the contact page has 37 errors and the CSS 6. There are all sorts of missing opening and closing tags.

Apart from that, as you are using tables you need to use rows and put your quote on the same row as the top part of your text with the Contact form in another row underneath. At the moment you have everything in one unclosed

tag with the quote at the bottom.

If you are going to be doing web design, do yourself a favour and learn CSS for layout, it's really not that hard.