My First Site - Browser rendering & Right Column collapse

Guest tashiecoo

Guest tashiecoo

Hello all,

I am a complete newbie to web design and have no formal education in this area...Well I actually took several tutorials on lynda.com (dreamweaver, photoshop & css) to get me ramped up.

Anyhow, I used a free css template from templatemo.com for the foundation of my very first site. I uploaded the files last night and while it looks great on IE, when I open the site on my mac with firefox, it appears all the css for the right is not rendering. some of the background is missing.

I also decided to take a look at the site from work today and because I work with data, we have extra wide screen monitors, so when viewing the site, the information in the right column is dropped down to the bottom of the navigation menu.....hope that makes sense...

Please let me know if you have any ideas of these two problems. The website is:

http://www.tropicalsailaway.com

Thank you in advance.

I noticed that the background-image templatemo_content_bg.jpg for #maincontainer isn't showing in Firefox so the middle of the page is dark red instead of light gray.

You have a lot of floated divs which Firefox is not dragging down the background for, so you have to put a div with no float, no height and invisible just before the closing tag to make Firefox drag the background down to cover it:-

Edited by Wickham