Script bans my ip address

MacRankin

Hi there everyone :)

Erm, I have an old favourite website that I go to once in a while. Well, it has been quite a while since I visited www. macpicks .com, and doing so with my favourite browser (Firefox 3.0.10) has made some script that is used on that site ban me every time I try to use that website's links.

I've been banned 2 or 3 times, maybe? Well, anyway I've since found out that I can use Safari without invoking any errors, though the script does invoke 'no referrer report' when control-clicking on a link (opens a new tab).

Now, I realise that none of this is very helpful, and I have asked the website owner to send me an example of the script so that I can show it to you peeps, if it is indeed a php script?

Anyway, for now, there is just this...

CGI Error Invoked: NO REFERRER REPORT

CGI Error Result: Access Denied

CGI Error Description: Reason: Your browser or firewall does not report referring sites, or you have clicked on our

link located somewhere other

than this website. These links will only work from within the home site. Attempts to cut and paste, or bookmark the

links individually will not work. We do not track you in any way and only use the referrer report to verify that the link

used is actually originating from our site, thus avoiding cgi spam on our server. You will shortly be transferred back

to the website.

Not sure if this is a php related problem, but I guess you peeps will let me know.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. :)

:o I'm banned again! Looks like 3 strikes with the old control-clicking method while using Safari has now banned my ip address, yet again. I give up. :rolleyes:

Edited by MacRankin