Preg_Match()

Johnny2

I'm trying to use preg_match() properly to search a string for any of several words. Basically I'm testing if a string contains a naughty word.

This doesn't seem to work:

preg_match("/word1/word2/word3/",$string_to_examine);

What am I missing?

I'm trying to use preg_match() properly to search a string for any of several words. Basically I'm testing if a string contains a naughty word.

This doesn't seem to work:

preg_match("/word1/word2/word3/",$string_to_examine);

What am I missing?

preg_match("/word/i", $string_to_examine); // The i allows for upper & lower case words.....

I personally do this : $user_edits = str_ireplace($patterns, $replacements, $text); //replace it

preg_match("/word/i", $string_to_examine); // The i allows for upper & lower case words.....

I personally do this : $user_edits = str_ireplace($patterns, $replacements, $text); //replace it

Thanks for your reply Strider.

I am not looking to replace anything. I simply want to test if there is one (or more) swear-words in the string. I know how to use preg_match to test for a single swear-word. I just need to know how to write the command so that I can look for many swear words at the same time.

Do you know how to do this?

Thanks