Image Gallery Background

capnhud

I have attached a background image to this slideshow, but for some reason it does not show. I have resized the main images so that they show in the inside of the background image but they appear to cover the background image. What could I have done wrong?

Edited by capnhud

Well since we're using words to code this thing, just tell the background image to go in front of the others. That should to it!

Seriously though, when and/or if you supply the code, give all of it. Not an html snippet and then the css snippet. It should not be our job to piece it all together for you just to get a working copy. That said, sometimes, when working with images, it's easier to have a live copy. So throw it up on your server (shouldn't have to be mine) and then we'll go from there...

Well since we're using words to code this thing, just tell the background image to go in front of the others. That should to it!

Seriously though, when and/or if you supply the code, give all of it. Not an html snippet and then the css snippet. It should not be our job to piece it all together for you just to get a working copy. That said, sometimes, when working with images, it's easier to have a live copy. So throw it up on your server (shouldn't have to be mine) and then we'll go from there...

LOL at first I was like what are you talking about. But after reading my post I see the link was not on the word. When I created the post I had inserted the link.

According to your css file the background-image for #gallery should be

http://capnhud.googlepages.com/gimp_head_shadow.png

but it doesn't download, so check the path, filename or if you haven't uploaded it yet.

Edit: it didn't download first time, but it does now, so it must be another problem.

Edited by Wickham

Your style hasn't got a width; see if adding one makes a difference:-

#gallery {

background: url(images/gimp_head_shadow.png) no-repeat

scroll center top;

position:absolute;

height:354px; width: 580px;

}

It did in my test, but I didn't have all your othe rimages, but I got a blank space without the width, then a gray background after adding the width.

Going that route seems to be more problematic.

OK, well how are you trying to position the shadow? Poking out the bottom and right? Or bottom and right/left? I just moved the gallery div around, it's not big enough to poke out both sides, but definitely doesn't look good (with that distinct border on the shadow) just coming out the right side. So...