Between Email Marketing and SEO which has highest return on investment (ROI)%?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Without data or experience, my educated guess is SEO. Email marketing requires specific targeted approaches and the Exchange/Mail server medium you have to conquer before eyes are on your marketing message. SEO only needs interest in a topic. If I sell ballons and understand how each search engine works, I can craft ads to put my balloon business within radar and play the law of large numbers for traffic. With email, I have to already be doing business with my client to even remotely have a chance of them not hitting the spam/quarantine button on the email client. 

The highest return on investment is getting very good at both so that traffic from SEO is converted to positive email cycles which is then converted into customer engagement and sales. A whole lot of work but EXTREMLY profitable over the course of a decade. I've been buying pizza from Pizza Hut and Dominoes because they did a decent job of getting me in from their email ONLY after my 'Pizza open near me' SEO search brought them as the top two within view on many an alcoholic night, lol.