footer at bottom

Ant

I am trying to get a footer to STICK to the bottom of my wrapper div that expands with the content inside it.

I searched and all I keep finding are solutions that are NOT (layout wise) set up the way I have my site set up(All content auto centered with a 900px wrapper) and I keep running into solutions that change my current css/html layout.

The main problem is I'm not advanced enough yet to make it (the solutions I've found) work in my layout. I don't expect someone to try and explain the FIX to me. I've seen some of them and they are all complicated to someone who has just started learning this.

Why cant I just place the footer div relative to my absolute pos. wrapper and give it a pos. setting of 0px bottom and 0px left ?

The relative, 0 left, 0 Top works for all my other divs. It seems logical that it would work with 0 Left, 0 Bottom on my wrapper to get the footer to stick to the bottom of my wrapper and follow it as it expands with the content. I believe i tried that but it didn't seem to work.

BTW if I felt the artistic freedom, i would do away with the traditional footer all together. But that could be misconstrued as an excuse to not learn how to do it the right way. Maybe after I learn it I will do away with it. :)

Thanks

Ant

You should be able to adapt this. It does not get any easier than this... http://www.visibilityinherit.com/code/sticky-footer.php

Thanks I will see if i can make that work.

One question.

Why doesn't the BOTTOM placement position of "0" work on an absolute pos. footer inside the wrapper div with a pos. of relative?

NOTE: I made a mistake in my first post and switched the relative/absolute value in my statement here"Why cant I just place the footer div relative to my absolute pos. wrapper and give it a pos. setting of 0px bottom and 0px left ?"

You can if you want - it will work. The only negative to that method is that IE6/7 won't redraw the footer if dynamic content is introduced.

Ok, thank you.

I'll have to look up dynamic content and see how that pertains to web pages and my layout.

Ant

You can if you want - it will work. The only negative to that method is that IE6/7 won't redraw the footer if dynamic content is introduced.

Ok' date=' thank you.

I'll have to look up dynamic content and see how that pertains to web pages and my layout.

Ant[/quote']

It's just when JS (or other) adds in something on the fly (dynamically/after the fact).