Replacing a huge image with a repeating...

dunc453

Hey

I'm having some trouble thinking of a way to do this, so I could use some guidance.

Basically I have a page:

www.oneempire.co.uk/news.html

looks okay I think, the problem is the news area is just one huge image set as the background to a div.

I'm thinking perhaps splitting it up, so you have the top section, just the curved bit, a middle section and a lower section. Then would set the middle to repeat as needed whilst the top and bottom are set as background and positioned top / bottom.

Not totally sure how I would go about doing this, nor if it would even work.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Duncan

On a set up like this I would make the top rounded area of the news section (just past the curve as small as possible) as part of the header, then a small section of the middle to repeat-y on the content, and put the bottom rounded area as part of the footer, same as header just the smallest part of the curve. The rounded areas of the top and bottom will serve as padding for the content, so

News

would actually be at the very top limit of the content area. I hope you get what I mean... :/

Hey again

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for the advice, however what my client wants has changed. So now there is no footer or nav bar.

if you take a look at www.oneempire.co.uk/onemusic.html you will see what I mean. What do you suggest now? I'm fairly sure that I still need the rounded area separate from the main, but how exactly would you suggest I get them in the right place?

Thanks again

If I understand correctly, you still need the rounded bit at the top so do what I said previously add it to the header div where your navigation will go. Then a small section of the middle to repeat-y on the content. The footer does not need a background image as presumably it will show on the black section after your big background image.

The large background image is part of the wrapper with a black background, so if the content in the "news" section is long it will be surrounded just by black.