flash intro help

Guest kgiaq007

Guest kgiaq007

I am looking for someone to act as a support person in Flash to provide answers to my problems/questions on an as-needed basis. I would be happy to pay your hourly rate even if assistance may only take a fraction of an hour.

My initial problem is I developed a flash intro for my website (www.thesbmi.com). It has run fine for about a year. Recently I changed web hosts and when I uploaded the site I found that the intro stopped loading at 69%. I have tried re-uploading the intro and even re-creating the intro from scratch to no avail.

The files contained in the intro folder include:

Design Saved Intro Info, Custom Music, Index, Intro (Shockwave Flash Object) and JPEG Image.

The intro was created in a software called IntroWizard Flash 4D. A sample version can be found online. It is a template based software whereby the user does not need to know HTML or coding at all.

I?m not exactly sure communication wise how this would work. Perhaps you can tell me (phone, email, IM, etc)

I developed a flash intro for my website (www.thesbmi.com). It has run fine for about a year. Recently I changed web hosts and when I reuploaded the intro and site I found that the intro stopped loading at 69% and would not work. I have tried re-uploading the intro and then the intro and full site. I also tried re-creating the intro from scratch and re-uploading.

The intro was created in a software called IntroWizard 4D which is a template based software which does not require knowledge of html or coding at all. As I said it worked fine with a previous host but the new host says the problem is not on their end. People have viewed it on IE, AOL, Mozilla, Safari and one or two others all with the same problem. The flash movie plays fine at www.thesbmi.com/movie.swf but not at the url www. Thesbmi.com.

Does anyone have any thoughts? Your input would be greatly appreciated. As I am a very beginner in this stuff I would appreciate keeping explanations as simple and specific as possible.

Thank you in advance.

The best advice we can give you is: remove Flash intro page completely and have normal index.html/index.php page which has the actual content.

Why? Flash intro, besides hurting your search engines rank, cause annoyance of visitors and has no actual content value ( you can surprise us if it has).

When I clicked on your page link, I got a message that I need to installed some plugins (to watch your intro) "which potentially could harm my comp".

If you have still feelings for the intro, convert it into a movie and let it play on a home page when visitor clicks the button Play.