Need Help

lastarfighter

I am creating a video server on my campus. I want to be able to route people on campus to the local streaming server and those off campus to the CDN.

I am using RTMP streaming, but am also moving into mobile streaming. I want to be able to route mobile devises to a mobile version of the website.

This is all over my head and I am needing someone to point me in the right direction. Should I be using PHP or something else? If so, got any pointers?

Seriously, any help is appreciated.

Do you already have the mobile version of the site. If so is it done with jQuery or media query's? If you do not have a mobile version of the site yet, I am going to suggest Responsive Web Design by using media query's. That is where you add css at the bottom of your main css file. The css that you write will target screen size by pix. Moving elements around and changing sizes, to name a couple of things that you will be needing to change. It looks like this

@media screen and (min-width: 400px) and (max-width:700px) {

Css here that over rides the main css to target a tablet device. You add a new query for phone by changing the main and max width. You can put these in a folder and link to them or just add them to the bottom of your main css. This sounds simple but it takes a little practice to get it flowing.

}

What this is all doing is telling the browser which css to give to the html according to the screen size. So now you have a web site that is adjustable automatically. If you want to see this in action go to my site, link at bottom, nav to the responsive site page from the read more on the home page. And change you browser window size and see how the nav and other things change.

Edited by grabenair