Entry form for HTML with PHP?

gcarterm

Hello -- in the dark here. Simple problem but I'm probably in the wrong place.

A friend of mine has a basic website. She knows nothing about coding but wants to put new material on her home page by using an entry form. NOT the kind of HTML form to gather data but the kind that would put new (in this case) store names on her home page. For example, she might want to add Ajax Creations, Martha's Hobby Shop, and Pete's Pottery to the existing list of store names already present.

I thought of javascript and looked for some code, but it all involves either Forms (entry to gather information) which is not what I want, or Alert boxes. I guess this would be in the nature of adding products to an online catalog but MUCH simpler.

Is this PHP territory or am I way off base. As I said, I'm probably in the wrong place. Any ideas?

Thanks, Mike

Sounds like she wants to build a custom CMS (content management system). I would suggest installing Wordpress to run the site. Will provide more opportunities, is easy to learn, and has regular updates. Maybe slightly overkill, but once she can update the homepage, she may then want to start building and updating more pages. Best to start with the right tools.