Need Good Advice As A Beginner In Programming

Ian12

Hi Stefan, and Forum Members

I was wondering if i could ask for some good advice i have learn't HTML and CSS and just starting out learning Wordpress. This is what at the present time I would like to learn in more detail but there structure files are all in PHP. Now I know absolutely nothing about PHP and was looking at your OOP Programming DVD for complete beginners on your website.

What is my best route to go down as I thoroughly enjoy Web Design and I’m not sure if I want to take programming up as a job but it looks like I need to know some programming to be successful in Web Design? I am looking at adding Lighthouse effects to my pages and that is all done via programming and again I want to be good at what I do and again not sure where I should go. I may go self-employed I may work for someone else but it's all early days for me as a new Career path.

I was always lead to believe you need to be a Rocket Scientist to understand programing languages and I guess it's something you can learn in time with a little bit of patience,I hope lol

Sorry one last question when it comes to learning programming what is the best one to start learning as a complete beginner and give me a good grounding to start with, which in turn will help me fully understand the other languages at a later date and put my Web Design to good use.

Many Thanks for your time

Ian

Hi,

If you know HTML and at least some CSS, then your next step is to learn PHP ... and start with the basics. People run into trouble trying to learn to program when they attempt to skip ahead. Check out this course:

http://www.killervideostore.com/video-courses/complete-web-programmer.php

... You will find everything you need to become a web programmer using the two most popular languages when it comes to web programming: JavaScript and PHP.

Stefan