IE8 Final or not?

LSW

As far as I know there is no IE8 Final. There are Betas, Beta 2 for the public etc. but not THE final IE8.

Yet upon searching after an IE8 question in the CSS section... it is still unclear as to whether or not IE8 Final was released... I am seeing terms like Final Beta 2 and titles suggesting a final then speak of Betas.

So what is the deal? Is IE8 Final or not? If it is, why is M$ slipping it in under the radar? For all these Mohave and Vista commercials, their first standards browser and they do not advertise it? Even non-Firefox users knew when FX3 was released.

Also some fellow at http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=130302 swears by it and it's CSS 2.1 rendering.

So any input on if it is final or if it is stll a beta or candidate running around?

*They have to use standards now... but not the same language, their SPECIAL!*

Web Slices = RSS Feeds

Accellerators = Formerly known as Smart Links in IE7, they took your content and made them into links to their advertisers. The advertiser paid them to advertise on YOUR site. This I can live with a bit better, but not much... it is still a link to their advertisers on my site without me getting a share.

Compatibility = We really built lousy browsers... so we are adding a new gadget and selling it as a great plus to the new browser rather than admit we were wrong! Get IE8 and forget what we did before.

Watching the videos it looks good... but most of it is catch up, there is nothing new really for browsers, just new to IE. Abou the only exception would be the Acceleraors and I am not sure that is a plus.

• 4 weeks later...