Problems with DNS-Change

sarah

I bought some webspace with a company and have a domain registrated with another company. When I was trying to change the Nameservers to my new webspace I got a mail from the company where I registered the domain telling that the domain in question was not configured to the primary server, or something like that, in portuguese it said

"Dom?nio 'mosaico.pt.' n?o est? configurado no servidor de nomes com o endere?o IP 195.22.11.235 (prim?rio)."

Whatever that means... I was told to contact the other company and there I was told that the change would happen in a few hours.

But more than a few hours passed and it happened nothing.

Is it normal to have to wait so long? Could it be the company where I have registered the domain delaying things for any reason? And what does this cryptic message mean at all? In my control panel the domain appears together with the IP number of that server...

Just would like to know if I was not a bit too fast to complain to the company where I bought the webspace... though the fact that I could not access their control panel page all day long yesterday should be reason enough to complain...

Greetings,

Sarah

One day ago I changed the data on the site of the company where the domain is registered. But then the company emailed me they cannot change them as long as this issue with the primary nameserver is not solved.

That it can take a while to change the nameservers I know. But I have no idea what is this problem that keeps the company from getting the whole process started at all...