Help me decide

Susie

I'm having a new logo designed for my website (going to redesign soon - yes AGAIN) and I can't decide which one of these concepts to go with. I have unlimited revisions on whichever one I choose, so if you have a favorite and suggestions on how to make it better (color, fonts, etc), I'd love to hear your thoughts!

#1 - http://tinyurl.com/c5uhdh

#2 - http://tinyurl.com/cycwlg

TIA!

As Sarah said, the first one feels more professional, the second one feels a bit more fun/friendly. I'm not sure which one I prefer... I think the first one, just slightly.

A couple comments:

-- I like the font choice on the first one better, and the gloss isn't overdone (the second logo feels a bit too glossy)

-- In my experience, A horizontal logo (#1) is often easier to work with than a vertical logo (#2)

-- The first logo feels like it is more spaced out, and has a bit more breathing room than the second one. The second logo feels a bit cramped somehow, probably because of the three lines of text and that everything is justified. I would probably suggest removing the horizontal line from the second concept, to space things out a little more.

Either one would be a good choice, but before you decide, and considering you have the freedom to play with them a little, there are a couple of things I feel might work to combine the two designs into a really nice logo.

1. cut the leaves from the second one and place them into the first one the shape of the three leaves could follow the capital C and add some more colour and flair to the logo.

2. in the first logo: change the colour of the "Auxano" to be the same colour as the word "Creative" in the second logo. Again, to add a bit of colour splash to the overall design. That colour looks like it would anchor the multi-coloured leaves nicely. (see above)

3. yes, an interlock, or overlap of the two letters at the start of the Logo would link the concept of creativity to the Brand-name Auxano, sort of.

4. Adding the multi-coloured leaves would allow a range of colours to be used in the web pages for highlighting. A 2-colour page is rather boring and difficult to create 'highlights' on. The multi-coloured leaves changes that for you.

But as I said coming into the posting, either one could work. Given the two samples provided, I would prefer the first one. Try those changes to see if any one them work to spice it up a bit. I wish I had the skills to create the changes for you as a demo.

Thanks for your input, everyone. :) I agree that the 1st one seems a little distant/cold, but for some reason, I really like the general idea of how it looks. Maybe I'll ask for some more color and flair on that one - incorporate some of the colors from the 2nd one.

I'll let you know what I come up with!

Thanks, guys. :)

I actually am starting to really dislike this one and all the variations. I think I don't want an AC for the icon. They came up with that - I didn't suggest it.

I'm looking through logopond.com right now for some inspiration. I just don't love the way this one is going.....

Thanks, guys. :)

I actually am starting to really dislike this one and all the variations. I think I don't want an AC for the icon. They came up with that - I didn't suggest it.

I'm looking through logopond.com right now for some inspiration. I just don't love the way this one is going.....

Sometimes simple is better. :) Just look at mine (website). It just never panned out the way I hoped and so I created a new one that is very simple and it is far more effective I believe. So far I have gotten positive opinions. I am now implementing this to my new website design.

In addition to my post above, I've just looked at your site and I think I like that logo better than what you have now. I think you will greatly enchance the site if you warm up the green tones so that it isn't dark.

As it stands now, your site is certainly better than most legitimate freelance website design business. It has character. Probably even more so if you make the color adjustments.

Edited by newseed

You might also want to look here:

http://www.logolounge.com/

http://faveup.com/

Let me know if you need any help.

Ben, correct me if I'm wrong, but do you have to pay to view logos on logolounge.com? I don't see a way around that.

Well, the logo design company I'm using sent me some more concepts and I don't like any of them. lol Ugh.