resolution problems

amitte

hy..

(long time no see.. been in a vacation...)

first of all i want to thank u all and stefan.... because of your help today my father business have his own web site...

and i dont need to tell u what it means this days of economic chaos...

this is my site for now (there is more to be done- more text, photos.. english version.. etc..) -

http://www.blacksmith-yt.co.il

so... my problem is-

my site wont stay the same in different resolutions.

i work with 768*1024.. but if i change the resolution the site get all messy and disordered..

what code i need to put in so the site wont change no metter which resolution is apllyed?

thanks.. amit

for starters, add a doctype (HTML 4.01 strict).

This works:

div#site {

width: 950px;

height: 570px;

margin: 10px auto 0;

background: rgb(237,228,201);

}

I am not sure why you think you need the wrapper and the site divisions - I'd think one would be enough.

well thelma.. thank u very much!!! :D

it helped....

so i guess the "auto" attribute made the difference?? but why? how?

and i have now other problem.. about the Doctype...

is that the right way???-

br />           "http://www.w3.org/TR/html40/strict.dtd">

because after i had put this line some elements on the pages got a little messy (the header and the nav bar is crooked)

do u know why?

and if i want the top and bottom to be auto to?

other thing... i just found out i have a bigger problem after i added the Doctype... not only the navbar and headers are misplaced..

when i hover on the small images in the gallery.. they didnt become enlarged....

why it hapend? and how can i fix things to be the way they were and also keep the doctype?

Frameset would be if you were using frames (don't do that). Of the other 2, strict is best - it forces you to write the cleaner code, while transitional does allow deprecated and presentational elements. And if you're wondering if you should use HTML or XHTML - read this

• 4 months later...

HI all...

I am new to this blog..I have same resolution problem..but I really dont know that I need to insert the div code to CSS or to the main html code..anyone can please help me...I am stuck in this problem since long time...:|

Thank you in advance for ne help....

Arc

Arc - I think resolutions may be the least of your problems. The center tag is deprecated, tables should be used for tabular data and not layout - plus, you have a couple tables in there that don't even have any rows or cells. And when you say "padding: 5" --- 5 what? px, %, em, cm, or o'clock?

Any chance you can just post a link so we can see the entire page?